TMRU Progression: Rescue Support to Full Rescue
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org. See the bottom of the page for the key to the skills standards referenced below.
- Maintained active rescue status for prior 24 months
- Written request to Membership Chair, include the following information:
- Name, Date of request
- Copy of current First Aid certificate(MOFA plus adult CPR, Standard First Aid/ equivalent)
- Dates of 10 field trainings( within prior 24 months)/ missions (min. 2 in prior 12 months)
- Date of mini SAR management course taken
- Written test:
- DEM callout procedures
- MRA,WMRA,PCSAR structure
- radio frequencies- notes allowed
- briefing info
- leadership situations:
- white out
- weak member
- dead subject procedures
- Skills: Min. to qualify:
- rigging systems 4cD
- ELT 4c
- radio 4c
- litter assembly & rigging 4d
- PIEPS test and use 4D
- Review results with Training and Rescue Ops Chairpeople
- Review by Board-vote, record in their file
- Announce at Annual Banquet
Key to Standards
1 Extremely Limited Can do simple parts of the task. Needs to be told or shown how to do most of the task.
2 Partially Proficient Can do most parts of the task. Needs help only on hardest parts.
3 Competent Can do all parts of the task. Needs only spot check of completed work.
4 Highly Proficient Can do the complete task quickly and accurately. Can tell or show others how to do the task.
a Nomenclature Can name parts, tools, and simple facts about the task
b Procedures Can determine step-by-step procedures for doing the task.
c Operating Procedures Can explain why and when the task must be done and why each step is needed.
d Complete Theory Can predict, identify, and resolve problems about the task.
A Facts Can identify basic facts and terms about the subject.
B Principles Can explain relationship of basic facts and state general principles about the subject.
C Analysis Can analyze facts and principles and draw conclusions about the subject.
D Evaluation Can evaluate conditions and make proper decisions about the subject.