TMRU Progression: Field Support to Rescue Support
For more information contact email@example.com. See the bottom of the page for the key to the skills standards referenced below.
- Maintained active rescue status for prior 12 months at Field Support
- Written request to Membership Chair, including the following information:
- Date of request
- Copy of current First Aid certificate(Standard First Aid plus Adult CPR/Equivalent)
- Dates of 5 field trainings / missions participated in (min. 2 missions) in prior 12 months
For the Skills Evaluation:
- Written test:
- Grid search
- Team gear for search vs. rescue
- Gear location in truck
- Litter assembly
- Basic radio protocol
- Callout SOP
- Skills: Minimum standards to qualify:
- Rigging systems: 3c
- raise 3 to 1
- Helo safety briefing: c C
- Read and explain 4 points
- Exhibit evaluation ability: D
- Exhibit ability to evaluate potential team members skills, conditioning, and personal gear.
- Review results with Training and Rescue Ops Chairpeople
- Review by Board-vote, record in their file, announce at Annual Banquet
Key to Standards
1 Extremely Limited Can do simple parts of the task. Needs to be told or shown how to do most of the task.
2 Partially Proficient Can do most parts of the task. Needs help only on hardest parts.
3 Competent Can do all parts of the task. Needs only spot check of completed work.
4 Highly Proficient Can do the complete task quickly and accurately. Can tell or show others how to do the task.
a Nomenclature Can name parts, tools, and simple facts about the task
b Procedures Can determine step-by-step procedures for doing the task.
c Operating Procedures Can explain why and when the task must be done and why each step is needed.
d Complete Theory Can predict, identify, and resolve problems about the task.
A Facts Can identify basic facts and terms about the subject.
B Principles Can explain relationship of basic facts and state general principles about the subject.
C Analysis Can analyze facts and principles and draw conclusions about the subject.
D Evaluation Can evaluate conditions and make proper decisions about the subject.